*This article contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I use and love!
Bye-bye bra fat and back bulge! I hate the feeling of wearing a super cute tank top or bra top and it seems like your armpits and back are bulging out. It’s the worst!
So, I put together all of the exercises I found most effective for toning away that fat and made the perfect at-home upper-body workout! Don’t worry- this is designed so you won’t get bulky arms, but rather a long lean upper body.
Use a pair of light weights for this workout. If you don’t feel like getting some, no stress! Just use a full water bottle. Be careful not to go too heavy, especially if you have shoulder issues. We just want to get some cute toning in!
Let’s Get to Some Toning!
- Do each exercise for 45 seconds (if that’s too much, start with 30 seconds and work your way up!) with 15 seconds rest time in between.
- Aim to do 2 sets of each.
- Good luck!
- Start in a table top position on all fours
- Holding a light weight, pull your elbow back towards the ceiling
- Once your hand is by your hip, extend your arm up towards the ceiling
- Begin by leaning forward with your back flat at a 45 degree angle, legs slightly bent
- Engaging your upper back muscles, bring your arms out to the side
- Hold for two seconds, then slowly lower them back to the starting position
- Starting with a straight spine and legs slightly bent, extend arms behind you and to the side
- Bring arms together behind your back, trying to touch your hands
- Once they are as close as possible, extend arms back out
Open and Close
- Begin with your arms out in front of you, as if you are hugging a big beach ball
- Extend arms open and to the side
- Hold for two seconds, and bring them back to the starting position
- Laying on your back, place your arms to the side, bending the elbows at a 90 degree angle
- Extend your arms in front of you and bring them together, meeting in front of the chest
- Slowly lower to beginning position
- Start in a low plank
- Walk your feet forward (about 5 tiny steps) and hold for two seconds
- Walk your feet back past low plank (about 5 tiny steps) and hold for two seconds
I hope you enjoy this workout! I love doing this after a HIIT workout to lock-in that upper body toning and melt away that pesky fat. Let me know how you like this workout!