An hourglass figure is all the rave right now, and for my fellow skinny gals, it can be tough to achieve that sought-after round side-booty.
So, WTF can we do to look like Kim K? You can fill in your hip-dips by doing specific exercises to target the side glutes, AKA our gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus.
This quick workout may look simple, but trust me- your glutes will be CRYING. When I first tried this workout I was sore for 3 days! It was amazing.
To get the most out of this workout, I recommend you use ankle weights. Start with one, and try to work your way up to wearing two on the same ankle. THAT is hard, but you will get some serious results!
This is an amazing add-on to do after a HIIT class or leg day.
- This is a superset, so try to do all three exercises in a row, with no breaks until after the last one.
- Do each exercise for 40 seconds, then go straight into the next. Aim to do 3 rounds!
- This workout is less about speed and more about engaging the correct muscle. Really focus on using the side of your glutes to activate each movement.
- All of these moves will be done on your knees. I like doing these on my extra-thick yoga mat so I don’t feel any pain!
- Start with the working leg bent at a 90 degree angle, resting next to your supporting leg
- Keeping the bend in the knee, draw big circles with your leg: 20 seconds one way, 20 the other
Kneeling Leg Lifts
- Begin with your working leg straight, and resting on the ground in line with your body
- Raise your leg (keeping it in line and straight) as high as you can
- Hold for two seconds, then slowly lower
- Start with both hands on the ground, but keep your hips open to the side as much as possible
- You leg should stay extended straight out from your hips
- Keeping your leg high, tuck your knee in towards your elbow
- Slowly extend back out
Congrats on a fab workout. You deserve a hearty protein shake!